Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Group Displays!


My school has 6 display cases, office art and a big square board!  I try to have artwork rotate every 3 months, but I'm going on maternity leave at the beginning of March. I wanted the Artists to create something beautiful but also completed in a day.  I was ready to introduce art centers and my timeline is pretty tight with making sure Artists understand each center and have rotated at least once before I leave.

In the display cases K created flowers, 1st created caterpillars and another 1st grade class created the backgrounds, 2nd create symmetry butterflies, 3rd origami flowers, 4th origami butterflies and 5th created origami birds.  The kids loved it.  I would pre-measure the backgrounds to make the process go faster! I was inspired by Cassie Stephens and her awesome murals!


These office pieces were a huge hit!  I did have an outline for the TN so the Artists had boundaries! We also created another 64 piece wall mural, picture coming soon, of each Artist creating a 1/4 flower with a warm/cool color scheme.



No comments: