Sunday, July 11, 2010

Examples!

I began compiling two, rather over-growing, notebooks last year of my own examples based on each lesson I taught. I enjoying looking threw them and remembering the success and challenges the students had.

How did I begin this? I purchased Explorations in Art by Davis Publications in 2009. After teaching elementary one year, I knew that I wanted to include more art criticism, aesthetics and art history. The teacher editions gave me a foundation to work from.

I have 'updated' some projects the past couple of days! My biggest challenge is trying to settle on a theme for 5th grade this year. I know I want to include 'art from around the world'. Should I go 'timeline' or 'travel journal'? I already know 'travel journal' sounds very interesting and inspirational to the brain!

No comments: